Friday, September 26, 2008

DNA Lofts and their ugly cabinets


This is my 2nd blog post regarding the now-on-the-market DNA Lofts in Dorchester. Once again, I'm not hating on someone for creating additional housing units in Boston, or for taking what is a very nice masonry building and converting it from its former industrial use to a residential one. I am, however, hating the ugly blue cabinets (see the Redfin listing here). One blog I read mentioned some of the design elements perhaps working in Miami or somewhere else, but not Boston. I think these blue kitchen cabinets should not work anywhere except in a Lego museum employee kitchen, if there is such a place. I like the site, I like the building, but I would prefer the unit delivered vacant and requiring me to install my own cabinets than buying a unit with these--because THEN I have to budget in removal and disposal of all this crap! Oh, Sweet Jesus, be a mirror!

Note to developers: Not everything from Ikea or Ikea-looking is good. It's a store where one gets cheap shit for their home, and we all know that. We've all been there, maybe not to Ikea, but we've had those experiences where we know it's just a cheap thrill and it's over, but paying $377/sq. ft. for it is laughable. If I wanted to live in a insanely weird kitchen I would pitch a tent in a 7-11.

4 comments:

DotRes said...

There are 3 different color choices for kitchen cabinets at DNA Lofts - Blue, White and Gray. Choices my friends, that's what it's all about

Naomie said...

I wondered what the Crayola people were up to, now that they're not doing Micheal Jackson's makeup anymore....

Local Spice said...

Exactly, these should be called the Crayon Lofts.

DotRes said...

Kitchen cabinets at DNA Lofts are also available in white and gray.