Sunday, October 26, 2008

8 minute chocolate cake



I found this recipe on the web somewhere, I *think* Smitten Kitchen, but I'm not sure. Regardless, it's online somewhere, so I'm not the genius or the freak who first penned this recipe. It's usually called "5 minute chocolate cake," but it takes me at least 8 to 10 minutes from start to finish.


4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
pinch of salt

Combine dry ingredients, then add egg, oil, milk, mix together all crazy-like. Spray a coffee mug with non-stick spray (I used good ole Pam), pour in "batter" and then microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. After those 3 minutes, let it sit in the microwave oven for approximately 5 minutes, and voila, you have crappy chocolate cake, made from scratch (!), so enjoy! This isn't going to win you any award or kudos from anyone, but if you're alone and what you need isn't carnal, but rather caloric (and preferably chocolate), then this is your magic ticket.

No comments: