Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Vote for Change: Election Day 2008

Happy Election Day!

With great relief and glee, I marched over to the backside of the Savin Hill Apartments in the very lovely Dorchester to cast my vote (see above) for Barack Obama. We're in! Finally we Democrats have been on the offensive and took no prisoners this time! As for the scene, the voting poll station was busy, but not what coworkers have reported for other areas of Metro Boston (I didn't have to stand in line when I went at 7:00 a.m.).

Also, I don't like how the polling station is on the backside of this big apartment building, sorta hidden--last time I had to really investigate and then realize that yes, I had to walk up the service ramp, through some room, and then into the polling room.

AND seeing the cover of the Metro newspaper today, I had to opportunity to vote, again!



No comments: