Monday, January 12, 2009

Unremarkable White Bread

My 1st foray into home baking with my fancy new KitchenAid mixer was a loaf of unremarkable white bread. I used the recipe found in the booklet included in the KitchenAid mixer. The bread was fine, but only if one intends to eat it right away, or to make dinner rolls (yummy!) and eat a day later with left over baked ham.

Regardless, I'm posting some pics for fun:


Not sure if this is the wisest bread-making technique, but I live in a cold Boston apartment, so the radiator was the warmest thing around.


Imagine my relief when I noticed the dough actually rising! I had not totally screwed up!

Behold, one of two very unremarkable loaves of white bread. It looks quite warm and delicious on the Fiestaware.

1 comment:

mary anne said...

I too rise my dough on the radiator!