Monday, February 16, 2009

February Update

I've been insanely busy at work, plus it's freaking winter, so I'm in my own hibernation mode. Regardless, the weather has since relatively improved (it was perhaps 40 degrees F today), so I have since begun venturing back out amongst the hub bub. I have these observations and additional ramblings:

1. It's still winter, and it will be winter until May, despite what anyone's calendar says. But now we in Boston have entered the season where all clothing stores have their spring collections now properly featured, and only a selection of winter/cold weather items left, and they suck. I just don't want to buy flip flops and patch work shorts, and funky graphic t's at the Lucky store. We're all recessionistas nowadays, so put something out there that's worth buying.

2. For the love of Sweet Jesus, I hate peoples' choice in scarves. I see them as a functional accessory. If it looks like a useless rag around your neck, then that's right, it's a rag, so put it away and pull it out only if you need to polish the family silver or clean up something tragic.

3. Today I discovered that scholars have, in fact, ranked 6 former US Presidents as being worse that George W. Bush. Um.

4. Today I ordered a new at-home office desk from West Elm. It's the mini Parsons desk, in chocolate. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: