Monday, February 2, 2009

I hate being sick



I hate being sick. I'm broadcasting live from my bedroom. Sound naughty? Well it's not. I'm sick. Thank the Sweet Jesus for technology, and ginger ale, and green tea, and gatorade, and night- and day-quil, and most of all, for my humidifier.

Today I took a sick day, but sadly not one of the Fridays-in-July sick days, this is a Monday-in-February sick day. And I'm too sick to sit on the couch (tsk! tsk!), so I missed watching The View and Martha Stewart! I have been, however, thoroughly caught up on CNN-like news: are we surprised Michael Phelps smokes pot? Do I care if other celebs defend Jessica Simpson's newly exposed curves? And do I really think the "music died" 50 years ago? I'd rather be at work, but that's my own lack of work/life balance, but I have stuff to do...

3 comments:

darla said...

I'm sick too. For a little over a week now. I bought my first humidifier, and good lord, do I love that thing.

Ugh. Let's get better.

Carrie said...

Hope you are feeling better. Do humidifiers seem weird to me? After growing up with way too much humidity at all times, I'm a little suspicious of them.

Local Spice said...

Yes, Ms. Carrie. We had the fortune to grow up in the warm, fabulous humidity of the Gulf South. I now live in New England, which while fabulous in its own way, is very dry, again, in its MANY ways. I've never had to use so much moisturizer in my life, and my skin hates me.