Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweet Jesus, make winter end!

I admit that I have been a very bad blogger, however I am very glad to be most busy at work--yay!

So a quick post before I head off to a newly-jobless friend's Speak Easy par-tay:

If you know me, then you know I love to eat. I've been collecting a few shots lately from new places I've tried. I am not a food blogger, so once again, let's make this a forgiving platform if you disagree.

The Hen House on Massachusetts Avenue is quite a welcome change from the normal crappy food I tend to find, despite any hype, here in Boston. Well, it's fried chicken and waffles, as well as plenty of what smelled to be delicious bbq. I had the fried chicken (dark meat, always!) and a buttermilk waffle, but I screwed up by choosing their "Cajun" butter. Despite the salty butter, the chicken and waffle were pretty damn good, plus the atmosphere was quite kick-ass.



I saw that Pantry Pizza (sorry no link found) at 933 Dorchester Ave now delivers. I ordered the "Stuck in North Carolina" pizza that has spicey pulled bbq pork AND sweet potatoes, which turned out to the sweet potatoe fries. Still, it was quite tasty, or maybe I was just raveous. It was great cold the next morning.

Atomic Bean Cafe is a new coffee shop on Massachusetts Avenue between Central Square and Harvard Square. I've seen this place doing it's build out for the past few months, but now I've finally taken the time to discover what is a classic study hall type coffee shop. Plus I think it's cute.

And speaking of food, don't you think this roof insulation (a picture I took at work, I do affordable housing modernization and development work) looks like moist yellow cake with chocolate frosting?

No comments: