Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Puma City

So I checked out Puma City this past Sunday afternoon (after stuffing my face with tasty vittles at Victoria's Diner). I did not know what to expect, apart from a large Puma Store constructed out of several shipping containers, all painted that trademark Puma Red/Orange color. I also learned that Puma International is headquartered in Boston (who knew?) nearby in the Seaport District's Design Center.

The back story is that this is a huge marketing/advertising exercise called the Volvo Ocean Race, that includes sailboats sponsored by Puma, along with Volvo, Ericsson (their team), and a few others I was unfamiliar with at the time. So here are some pictures I snapped with my phone. It was quite the par-tay on the deck in the Puma Store (with very slow bartenders), as everyone awaited the 1st sailboat's arrival.


Not the best shot--I've seen better other have take on Flickr. But still, this is it.



The Ericsson tent had a monitor set up to see how far out the sailboats were from Boston Harbor.


The interior of the Puma store's upper floor was quite the nightclub.

1 comment:

savinoxide said...

Very cool! My husband and myself are planning on heading down to the race Village this weekend to check things out now that the boats have been hauled out of the water (hopefully they'll still be out by the time we get there).

~Jo