Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday morning, Monday schmorning!

I've been off for the past week, supposedly on "vacation," but actually held up here in Boston playing tour guide and tourist with my family. I love my family, all of them, and I haven't been home much over the last year, hence I took time off from work to see them as they were in town. So now I never need to play tourist ever, ever again here--time to find a new city? Here's a list of what I did/saw:

  • The Freedom Trail (all of it, all sites, plus 1 guided tour downtown)
  • Red Sox game plus a tour of the park
  • Sam Adams Brewery tour--actually kinda cool times
  • The South Shore, Plymouth, made a day out of that.
  • Lots of antiquing with my mother
  • I've been in every tourist gift shop in this city (people buy those baked bean pots?)
  • Shopping at Filene's Basement, etc
  • Eating at Legal Seafoods, Summer Shack, plus other pubs
  • Cheers

My family took home more glassware than I would have imagined. Lots of souvenirs from Sam Adams and Cheers, plus my mom's antique finds. I did enjoy stuffing my face with lobster for a week, plus butter sauce, but now it's back to the gym and leaner lunches. It was a good week, and now back to the office.

No comments: