Thursday, December 31, 2009

Coons for Sale



Local Spice's hometown is Baton Rouge, Louisiana. While back home in the Deep Fried South over the holidays I passed (in an area I would frequent quite often way back when) a man parked in a vacant lot, selling from his truck racoons (shortened to coons), among other items (those are onions in the bags, not racoons). Here's an interesting article I found online. My brother tells me many sell the coons live, otherwise they are sold cleaned for cooking, but with at least 1 paw remaining--this is to insure the buyer they are buying a racoon and not a cat. Across the street was another man selling deep fried turkey wings--and my father makes a habit of stopping there and buying those from him. As for the racoons, I honestly think I would try it if it was on a menu or if someone was cooking it at their house, but I don't think I would try to cook it myself.

1 comment:

Whalehead King said...

This was better than the T pass serving as ID. It IS good to have you back.